This FREE LAN party is different from many other LANs in that both the games and teams are predetermined BEFORE the LAN begins. This allows for the increased probability of the following:
- Balanced teams
- You get to play on the same team in every game with your friends
- Increased "team play"
- More frequent, close, tight, "Good Games"
Because teams and games are predetermined, there is an expectation that all attendees actively participate on the scheduled games. You don't have to be the best player in the world as long as you actively participate. "Free-Play" (playing games not announced for the LAN) and file sharing are typically only allowed during the fringes of the main events (ie. beginning of the LAN while everyone is setting up, dinner time, and after the announced games are played out). This is done out of respect of the numerous sacrifices the volunteers put in for the LAN. No one gets paid and all of this is organized in order to foster "good games."
- Try and keep the noise level down (we don't want to be disturbing to hotel guests)
- Show up by 2:00 PM or risk losing your seat unless you've made prior arrangements with Jefferson. If it's a last minute thing, you may want to email Jefferson with your phone number so he can call you and let you know if your seat will be held or not.
Arrival & Setup
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM Scheduled Game 1 (Non-Assigned Teams)
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Dinner Time
8:00 PM - 12:00 AM Scheduled Game 2 (Assigned Teams)
12:00 AM - Closing Free-Play
BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer)
- The games we play (Installed and updated)
- 20-30 foot Ethernet cable
Snacks & Refreshments
1. You'll need to give your phone number to Jefferson.
2. If there are still unreserved seats at 12:00 PM, Jefferson will proceed to step 4. If there are no unreserved seats, he will proceed to Step 3.
3. At 2:00 PM on the day of the event, any seat not occupied will open up to the waiting list. Jefferson will then attempt to call down the waiting list.
4. Jefferson may call you depending on how far down the waiting list you are and if not picked up, a voicemail will be left. You will have 5 minutes to return the call otherwise Jefferson will continue down the waiting list and not hold your seat.
5. If you are called and you confirm your interest, your seat will only be held for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, Jefferson will repeat step 4.